|Darina site advises:|
Getting ready for the trip!
The cost of living in Kiev:
B&B home stay in Ukraine family 20 euro per.night
Breakfast is included in the price.
Optional dinner 5 euro.
Buying food in the shops of Kiev.
Travel on the subway, bus, trolleybus cost
2 grivna ticket. (0,20 euro)
Comfortable apartment in the center of Kiev
From 50 euro per.day
Food in cafes, bars, eateries in Kiev.
Bill 5-20 euros.
cost of travel in Kiev - 2.00 UAH. for 1 km
Fiance Visa Assistance
Hotels, apartments in Kiev:
apartments and B&B in Kiev
www.hofa.ru homestays in Russia
Interesting places of Kiev:
Sacred Uspensky Kievo-Pecherskaja of Laurels
Memorial complex «The National Museum of the History of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945»
National Opera of Ukraine
Kiev National Academic Operetta's Theatre
National Philharmonic of Ukraine
National House of Organ and Chamber Music of Ukraine
National circus of Ukraine
National museum of national architecture and life of Ukraine
National art museum of Ukraine
National Complex "Expocentre of Ukraine"
The State Aviation Museum (Zhuliany)
Kiev national museum of Russian art
Restaurant Ukrainian cuisine “Zarskoe selo”
Restaurant-Azerbaijan cuisine, European cuisine.
Useful phone numbers :
Acute care tel.103
American Medical Centers
Limousines in Kiev
Guide in Kiev:
If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Planet Fitness is not just a chain of sports clubs, but a certain philosophy, style and method of work. The focus of our attention and the ones for whom we always work — our club members. Satisfying their wishes and hopes, we will secure a stable growth and development of our business.
What is the currency unit of Ukraine?
Currency in Ukraine: Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH)
Mobile communication and internet in Ukraine
In Ukraine, you can buy an inexpensive phone for only $50 and SIM card for $3-5. Then buy recharge cards and mobile services.
I want to take my laptop (cellphone charger, hair styler, etc.) to Ukaine. Will it work here?
Ukraine uses AC 220 V, 50 Hz. Old Soviet sockets are Europlug-compatible, without central grounding pin. Newer ones are Schuko
Moving across Ukraine
On the territory of Ukraine it is convenient to travel by car, plane, train.
In Ukraine there's a well-developed network of railways. Tickets are inexpensive. For example, in the U.S., most people travel by cars and airplanes. In Ukraine they travel by train. Cars come in three classes — second-class cars, compartment cars and sleeping cars. In the train you can order tea, coffee, food.
In the city you can ride by subway, bus, trolleybus, tram (one ride costs a few cents).
Taxi service is also cheap in Ukraine.
Cheapest taxi in Kiev is "Absolute" tel. 4559595
Ukraine is situated in the south-eastern part of Central Europe and has its own territory, government, national emblem, flag and anthem. It borders on Russia, Byelorussia, Moldova, Slovakia, Roumania, Hungary and Poland on land and Russia, Georgia, Bulgaria, Roumania and Turkey on sea.
The territory of Ukraine is mostly a level, treeless plain, calls "steppe". There are the Crimean Mountains
in the Crimean peninsula and the Carpathians in the west, but they are not very high. Mixed forests
of pine and fir-trees, beeches, limes, oaks and elms cover the mountains, but the thickest woods can still be
found in the northern part of the republic, in Volyn. Kiev and Cherkassy lie in the midst of Ukrainian southernmost pine forest. The main Ukrainian river is the Dnieper. It is one of the longest European rivers and one of the republic's main source of hydroelectric power. The Dnieper and its tributary the Ross had been the cradle of the Ukrainian and Russian people in time immemorial.
The climate of the country is moderate. Winter is rather mild, with no severe frosts but with regular snowfalls everywhere except the south. The rivers and lakes freeze in winter. The average winter temperature varies -20 Centigrade in the north to -3-5 in the south. Summer is quite hot and dry, with occasional showers and thunderstorms. The fertile black soil is well watered in spring and autumn and gets plenty of sunshine in summer.
Due to favorable climatic conditions, Ukraine is traditionally an agricultural area. It grows wheat, maize, buckwheat and other corn, red and green vegetables, all kinds of fruit, melons and berries.
Ukraine is one of the world's main centers of sugar production. It produces sugar both for her own needs and for export.
The country is rich in natural resources, such as iron ore, coal, color metal, oil, gas, mineral salts, clay and potential water power. It has developed a varied industry, concentrated mostly in and around big cities, such as Kiev, Zaporozhye, Dnepropetrovsk, Dnyeprodzerzhinsk, Odessa, Kharkov, Lviv, Nickolayev and other. It produces planes and ships, lorries and buses, motorcars and locomotives, computer and electronic equipment, precision instruments and agricultural machines, TV and radioset, chemicals and textiles and various consumer goods. Odessa, Sebastopol, Nickolayev, Kherson and Kerch are main ukrainian ports.
Ukraine has long been associated with its much larger and more powerful neighbour Russia and first came under Russian control in the 1650s when the only real alternative was invasion by the Poles.
By the 19th century, although the western part of Ukraine was under Austro-Hungarian control, the remainder (and majority) became part of the Russian Empire. After various attempts at independence around the period of the 1917 Russian Revolution, Ukraine became a republic within the USSR and its territory enlarged slightly around the time of World War II. Crimea became part of Ukraine in 1954 and, due to its predominantly Russian population and strategic position on the Black Sea, is still the subject of ongoing dispute between Ukraine and Russia.
In 1986, in the final years of the Soviet era and during the Perestroika period of President Gorbachev, the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear plant in northern Ukraine brought worldwide attention, and was arguably a significant factor in accelerating the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Full independence came with the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991, but Ukraine's foreign relations are still dominated by the Russian Federation, a fact which displeases many of the country’s ethnic Ukrainian population (particularly those in the west of the country).
About Kiev :
Kiev, Ukraine offers an array of Kiev hotels and Kiev private apartments to suit the needs of any traveler.
Kiev is a welcoming, beautiful city located in the north central portion of Ukraine. The capital of the Ukraine, Kiev is a river city of parks, trees and rolling hills that offers a pleasant hometown feel combined with the style of a major trend-setting European city.
Pinnacle examples of the range of hotel services available in Kiev would start at the top with the 5-star Premier Palace of Kiev offering some of the finest services available in the city. An excellent mid-range Kiev hotel for the tourist and business traveler would be the centrally located Rus Hotel. Should your hotel needs be simply Borispol International airport layover to a secondary destination, the Kiev Hotel of your choice would be the Airport Boryspil Hotel just a few yards from the Borispol International Airport. If you have a prolonged stay in mind we would suggest that you consider the wide variety of daily Kiev Apartment rentals available throughout the city.
Kiev is not simply the capital of Ukraine, it is also the mother city for all Eastern Slavic peoples. Kievan Rus, whose descendents include Ukraine, Russia and Belarus was established between the 9th and 11th centuries. The Russian Orthodox Church and all Eastern Slavic art and architecture originated here. This city is truly rich in history and stunning architecture. Kiev has stood the test of time, surviving many enemies including Mongol invasions, devastating fires, communist urban planning, and the massive destruction of world war 2. Even though you will find modern Kiev to be more cosmopolitan than any other city in the country, you will still find gracious testaments to its tumultuous history.
The population in Kiev is right about 4 million people. The official language is Ukrainian, although Russian is spoken often as well. There are numerous museums and fabulous old churches and cathedrals to visit while in Kiev. You may also enjoy a boat ride along the snaking Dnipro river which divides the city in two.
Kiev is not only blessed with some of the most beautiful women in the world, but with great culture as well. The Shevchenko Opera and Ballet Theatre was built in 1901 and is a very impressive building. It is the venue for some of the best Opera and Ballet performances found anywhere. The restaurants and shops this capital city abound. You can find anything form traditional Ukrainian cuisine to Mexican food all with a distinctly Ukrainian flair. There is never a problem finding a Ukrainian souvenir to bring back among the hundreds of shops and kiosks.
This is a city that is yet again struggling to find it’s identity in the ever changing political landscape. The people of Kiev are strong and proud of their heritage, and we feel lucky to have the opportunity to visit this great city and partake in its hospitality.
Sightseeing excursion in Kiev.
- Fashion shops in Kiev.
- Dynamo Stadium, the fan-club soccer team Dynamo Kiev, seen at football matches.
- "Hunting on the streets." We will help you get acquainted with beautiful girls on the streets of Kiev. Will teach you how to do it.
- Cemeteries in Kiev.
- Archery club.
- Pesherskaiya Lavra and Caves and the Museum of the Great Patriotic War.
- Florovsky female acting monastery at Hem and other churches in Kiev.
- Podol -oldest district of Kiev.
- Chernobyl Museum.
- Trukhanov Island, Gidropark other beaches of Kyiv.
- Disco and night clubs in Kiev.
- Visit to the theater, opera, ballet....
- Russian sauna (banya)
- “Mamaeva sloboda”
- Gidropark Island Park, lapped by the river Dnepr in the center of Kiev
- Trukhanov island Island Park, lapped by the river Dnepr in the center of Kiev.
- Stables, riding.
- Ostrich Farm.
- Aviation Museum.
- Monastery Kitaev.
- Еthnographic museums.
- Chernigov town
- Never send money to someone you have never met.
- Always have a back-up plan.
- Work to eliminate any agency from your communications.
- Always get the lady's home address and home phone number as early as possible.
- Verify the ladies you are writing to are real.
- Do not fall in love with photos!!
- Always be yourself. Show the ladies the real you. Be truthful. Use current photos.
- Do not rush into this! Take your time and be methodical, not impulsive, about this process.
- Treat international dating the same as dating someone from your home country. The biggest difference is the cost (travel, phone. etc). This is an expensive process. Don't believe anyone that tells you otherwise.
- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MAIL-ORDER BRIDE! They do not exist.
Dating tips for men:
- Don't forget to smile even if you are nervous and if you don't like this woman. Try to make good impression - you are not only John, Michel, and James. For this woman you are also the representative of your country and your nation.
- Buy for the woman some flowers or small box of sweets. Of course you can prepare more expensive presents. But flowers can help you and your lady to cope with the first minutes when you both feel a little bit uncomfortable.
- You will make better impression if you wear a good suit with a tie or some other classical clothes. It's better not to wear jeans. Russian women pay much attention to the appearance and most of them are dressed well.
- It's better not to shake her hand - just say "Hello"! Or give her a small kiss on her cheek.
- If you go somewhere - to the restaurant or cafe - take a taxi. If you go to the museum or to some excursions don't forget to pay for your lady too. Most of women don't earn enough to pay for such events themselves.
- If you meet your lady in the evening, don't forget to take a taxi not only for you but also for your lady. The best solution is to take one taxi, at first bring your lady home and then go to the hotel.
- And don't forget - you can contact our agency any time. We will be glad to help you with all this stuff - restaurants, taxi, excursions etc.